Westmoreland Homesteads: Norvelt Historical Society
Originally called “Westmoreland Homesteads,” Norvelt, Pennsylvania was established April 13th, 1934 by the federal government as part of the New Deal Homestead Project. With 250 homes, Norvelt provided housing, work, and a community environment during the Great Depression. It was renamed “Norvelt” in 1937 in honor of Eleanor Roosevelt.
Located inside the Electro Glass Building, 3936 PA-981, Mt. Pleasant, PA 15666